I love artichokes. They are delectable vegetables that are easy to make, fun to snack on and way healthier than other things you may grab for when looking for a nosh. It’s the healthy blooming onion, if you will.
The artichoke is an excellent source of folate, dietary fiber, and vitamins C and K. In addition – they are full of antioxidants – named number 7 on the USDA’s top 20 antioxidant-rich foods list.
If all that doesn’t get you on the artichoke bandwagon, then perhaps this quick and easy recipe will. Enjoy!
- Fresh Artichokes
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Lemon Juice (fresh squeezed suggested)
- Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- Add Artichokes to a large pot of water so that they are almost entirely submerged
- Boil for 30 – 35 minutes, remove and squeeze out excess water. Let cool.
- Mix fresh lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and mayo into a small bowl to taste.
- Serve on platter with dipping sauce.