Nothing like a little eggplant salad to give an extra kick to a sandwich or salad. The prep and frying (and the fact that it’s better the next day) makes this seemingly simple dish more time consuming than others. Trust me though – it’s #worthit.
- 2 medium eggplants 1 inch slices
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Lemon juice (from 1-2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley
- 1 clove of garlic thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
Salt eggplant slices in a bowl and let’s sit for at least 15 -20 minutes. Then pat every slice dry with a paper towel.
Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Once hot, slowly place eggplant slices to fry – roughly 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Place on paper towel to remove excess oil and let cool.
Put eggplant in bowl and lightly toss with garlic, lemon zest and juice, and parsley. Let sit and serve in an hour or the next day.